12.3 percent inflation rate recorded in January nationwide
- By Amarjargal Munkhbat -
- Feb 10,2023
National Statistics Office reported that the inflation rate in January was 12.3 percent nationwide. Also, the inflation rate of 5.8 points or 47.3 percent is dependent on import price rises. The reason behind the price increase of consumer goods and services by 12.3 percent from the same period last year was due the price increase of:
• Food, water, and beverages by 14 percent
• Alcoholic beverages and tobacco by 8.7 percent
• Clothing, fabric, and shoes by 15.6 percent
• Apartment, water, electricity, and gas by 14.6 percent
• Medicine, and medical services by 12.2 percent
• Transportation sector by 8.1 percent.
Previously, the inflation rate of December 2022, was 13.2 percent nationwide.
Previous article Trade turnover grew by 50% this year
Next article Best taxpayers awarded