224 buses to be imported as part of public transport fleet renovation
- By Dulguun Bayarsaikhan -
- Dec 06,2022
Prime Minister L.Oyun-Erdene instructed officials to submit the draft law to reduce traffic congestion and its negative effects in the capital city of Ulaanbaatar and accompanying laws to Cabinet within this month.
The following decisions were made during the meeting:
- Minister and Chairman of the National Committee on Traffic Congestion J.Sukhbaatar instructed the relevant officials to pay attention to the implementation of the regulations for public transport to travel on the first lane of the road.
- The work to accelerate the implementation of the BRT project has started. Directions were given to have the loan financing of the project approved by Parliament.
- Around 100 buses will be imported from China on January 5, 2023 and 124 buses will be imported in February 2023 as part of the public transport fleet renovation.
- The “Digital Certificate” RFID project for vehicles is being successfully implemented. As of today, more than 380 devices have been installed at about 160 intersections. It will be put into traffic in the first quarter of 2023.
- The construction of underpasses with bridge structures in Ulaanbaatar will be intensified. This project will have a significant impact on reducing the density of traffic in the capital city, improving the road network and taking measures against traffic congestion.
- Minister and Chairman of the National Committee on Traffic Congestion J.Sukhbaatar was tasked to intensify and implement the short and medium-term plans of the National Committee. The relevant officials were tasked to report the implementation progress of the plans on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Cabinet decided to establish a working group to develop proposals on conducting public transport services within the framework of public-private partnerships.