Freestyle wrestlers lead world ranking
- By Daariimaa Batnasan -
- May 01,2018
Mongolian freestyle wrestlers are leading the latest world ranking of United World Wrestling (UWW), which was released after the Asian Championships, held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Mongolia has five top-ranked wrestlers in freestyle, which is more than any other nation. Top-ranked Mongolians in freestyle include Ts.Tsogbadrakh (57 kg), G.Mandakhnaran (74 kg), L.Turtogtokh (92 kg) and N.Zolboo (125 kg).
International Sports Master O.Uitumen, who captured a silver medal at the Asian Championships in the 86 kg category, was ranked third with 22 points while G.Turbold, who claimed a bronze medal at the Asian Championships in the 79 kg category, was ranked fifth.
Moreover, in the women’s category, P.Orkhon is leading the 62 kg category with 22 points.
The results of the Golden Grand Prix Ivan Yarygin 2018, Asian Championships and African Championships were used to update the ranking of the men’s category.
The women’s ranking list was updated by the results of Asian Championships and Klippan Lady Open in Klippan, Sweden.
In addition, Chinese wrestlers are leading six categories out of 10.
Mongolian wrestlers in the world ranking
- 57 kg First place – Ts.Tsogbadrakh (32 points)
- 74 kg First place – G.Mandakhnaran (32 points)
- 79 kg Fifth place – G.Turbold (20 points)
- 86 kg Third place – O.Uitumen (22 points)
- 92 kg First place – L.Turtogtokh (27 points)
- 125 kg First place – N.Zolboo (35 points)
- 50 kg Fifth place – E.Narangerel (20 points)
- 53 kg Second place – E.Sumiya (20 points)
- 55 kg Third place – E.Davaachimeg (17 points)
- 57 kg Fourth place – A.Battsetseg (18 points)
- 59 kg Fourth place – B.Shoovdor (18 points)
- 62 kg First place – P.Orkhon (22 points)
- 68 kg Third place – Sh.Tumentsetseg (19 points)
- 72 kg Third place – O.Nasanburmaa (16 points)