Public transport to be improved, parking issues along main roads to be solved
- By Dulguun Bayarsaikhan -
- Oct 24,2022
A regular meeting of the capital city authorities was held on October 17. At the beginning of the meeting, fulfillment of the duties and tasks given at the previous regular meeting were presented. For instance, 1,106 measures were planned to be implemented in 27 areas as part of winter preparations and 94 percent of them were completed.
Director of Ulaanbaatar Traffic Control Center S.Adiyasuren presented the measures being taken regarding parking. According to a study, there are 59,900 parking spaces on 178 hectares in six districts of the capital. Of these, parking in 77 locations has a contract with the Ulaanbaatar Road Development Department. The mayor emphasized the digitization of toll collection, the construction of standard green facilities and the increase of bike paths and footpaths. Moreover, public transportation access will be improved and parking issues along the main road will be solved, according to the city authorities.
Head of the Ulaanbaatar Investment Department B.Munkhbat said, “Exactly 104 of the 195 landscaping works will be implemented throughout the year. As of today, 67 percent of the works are completed”.
Head of the Ulaanbaatar Landscaping Department B.Munkhtsetseg added that there are 90 works under the 12 orders of the city mayor. The implementation of the orders is 70 percent complete.
REFINED BRIQUETTES SAMPLED AND MONITORED EVERY WEEK
Head of the Financial Department of Tavan Tolgoi Tulsh LLC G.Undarmaa emphasized that refined coal briquettes with a dryer and meeting standard requirements are being produced. Furthermore, weekly samples are taken and monitored by a professional inspection organization.
At the end of the meeting, the mayor gave the following tasks:
• To ensure and intensify the implementation of winter preparations for 2022-2023
• To intensify efforts to increase sales points for refined coal briquettes and prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
• To establish a public and private sectors joint working group, develop a plan to solve the issues of public transportation and intensify the work to improve management
• To register parking in six districts of the capital and introduce future measures at the Ulaanbaatar Mayor’s Council meeting
• To create a comfortable environment for citizens in 2023, establish a working group and develop calculations, feasibility studies and locations to increase bike and footpaths, streets, road landscaping and green structures, and present their work
• To digitalize toll collection points and introduce the system by November 1, 2022
• As part of the prevention of influenza and influenza-like diseases, all levels of healthcare institutions are instructed to provide care and services for children and provide medical care without complications