Cultural heritage festival under preparation
- By Misheel Lkhasuren -
- Jul 28,2023
A regular meeting of the capital city authorities was held on July 25. Mayor of Ulaanbaatar D.Sumiyabazar gave tasks in 14 areas at the previous meeting. For example, within the framework of winter preparations, it was ordered to intensify the implementation of the integrated work plan for engineering networks, roads, landscaping, and green areas, and conduct regular monitoring. In this context, 658 measures have been implemented by 25 organizations, and the implementation rate is 60 percent. Expansion and repair of 28.1 kilometers of main heating network are being carried out in 19 locations with state, capital and foreign loans and aid funds, and the work is 63 percent complete.
Preparations are also being carried out to organize the “Mongolian Cultural Heritage Danshig Naadam - Khuree Tsam” on August 5 and 6 at Khui Doloon Khudag. This year, 3x3 basketball courts will be built in 40 locations, blueprints of 10 locations have been made, and architecture assignments for 30 locations have been approved.
A total of 117 schools and 149 kindergartens are being repaired, and the completion rate is 80 percent. All heads of educational departments and agencies of the districts and capital have started the work for new school year. Half of the 190 measures planned for the repair of hospital buildings have been completed. The Mayor reminded that disinfection should be carried out carefully.
ROAD POTHOLE REPAIR WORK ONGOING
As a result of continuous rain, pothole damage occurred in 18,600 square meters of 138 streets and roads in six districts of the capital. In this regard, 3,321 square meters of pothole damage has been repaired. There is a need to pave an area of 2,000 square meters. Therefore, the paving will begin this week. Road pothole repair and regular maintenance are ongoing.
Regular maintenance will be carried out in 16 locations. The mayor ordered to intensify the work, to monitor on the implementation of the standards, rules and regulations of the curbs, and to work on the site.
STREETS TO BE REPAIRED
At the end of the meeting, Mayor of Ulaanbaatar D.Sumiyabazar gave the following tasks:
• To thoroughly prepare for winter
• To ensure the normal and reliable operation of the cities’ heat supply, to complete major and minor repairs of the construction and pipeline network on time, and to thoroughly carry out recovery
• To intensify the transfer of public and private heating boilers and buildings to centralized heat, electricity, gas and other renewable energy sources
• To intensify the repair of lighting, surveillance cameras, cables, networks, and equipments in public streets, roads, apartments, and residential areas of capital
• To prepare warehouse for improved fuel stock, to regularly monitor stocking and sales activities
• To regularly carry out cleaning and maintenance of roads, bridges, tunnels, guardrails, and to ensure the safety
• To ensure the safety around the schools and kindergartens, to complete the installing and repairing the road signs, markings, speed limiters, warning and reminder signs by September 1
• To ensure the quality and safety of public transport services, to increase the service schedule and the number of buses
• To carry out cleaning, repair and recovery of flood dams and drainage networks in accordance with the approved schedule, and to regularly work to prevent the threat of flooding
• To analyse of the damage caused by the floods, to carry out the repair, cleaning, disinfection of damaged roads and sidewalks