Public-private partnership and foreign investment to be improved
- By Misheel Lkhasuren -
- Jan 09,2023
A regular meeting of the capital city authorities was held on January 2. The mayor gave tasks in nine areas at the previous meeting, and the implementation was 90.6 percent.
ACTIONS BEING TAKEN AGAINST CHILDREN BEING SUBJECTED TO VIOLENCE AND DOMESTIC ACCIDENTS
The authorities of the relevant organizations gave information about the situation over the past 14 days. Deputy Head of the Metropolitan Police Department and head of the Public Protection Order Department, Colonel B. Oyutbold said, “A total of 17,194 calls were registered in the past 2 weeks. Out of this, 2,589 criminal calls were registered, which decreased by 65 units.
He also emphasized that in connection with the beginning of school holidays, actions are being taken against children being subjected to violence and domestic accidents.”
CHILDREN’S BED OCCUPANCY LEVEL IS 80%
Head of the Ulaanbaatar Health Department B.Byambadorj said, “45 percent of all flu cases are in children under the age of five. 63.9 percent of 2,091 children’s emergency calls were for flu and flu-like illnesses. Out of 1,222 beds used for pediatric treatment, 985 children are hospitalized, and the bed occupancy level is 80 percent.”
“In the last 24 hours, 102 people were taken to the emergency room and were hospitalized,” he added.
3600 TONS OF SALT AND 1450 TONS OF SUBSTANCES ARE IN STOCK
General Manager of Ulaanbaatar City M.Bayaraa said, “We are working to increase the availability of salt and substances to deice roads. Furthermore, 3600 tons of salt and 1450 tons of substances are in stock. There are not enough substances in the districts, so it is planned to provide them with salt and substances.”
First Deputy Governor in charge of Economy and Infrastructure J.Sandagsuren emphasized that necessary measures should be taken to reduce air pollution.
At the end of the consultation, the following duties and tasks were given:
• To implement the major policy goals of the state and the capital city by 2023, improve the partnership between the public and private sectors, increase foreign investment, expand cooperation, and ensure intersectoral coordination.
• To intensify work to reduce traffic congestion and renovate the public transport fleet, and provide unified management.
• To pay attention to forming a qualified, competent, and transparent public service, to increase the productivity of the government, and to intensify the activities of digitalization of government services
• To rationally determine the structure and functions of some local administrative organizations and to organize and work without compromising the health and safety of citizens.
• To ensure the adherence of Baganuur, Bagakhangai and Nalaikh districts of the capital city to the Government Resolution No. 419 of 2022 on increasing the districts’ population by 20 percent with an aim to reduce the overconcentration of Ulaanbaatar city and ensure the appropriate balance of urban and rural development.
• To prepare for the organization of the “Lunar New Year Exhibition” with national goods and products, including SMEs of 21 provinces and 9 districts in order to increase the turnover of the domestic economy.
• To improve fiscal discipline and responsibility, to reduce wasteful expenses of the organization, to improve the efficiency of the capital city's property, to improve internal control, and to demand results.
• To intensify the waste transportation activities of residential areas and ger areas and mobilize the necessary employees, vehicles, and equipment.
• To intensify the implementation of the 2022 Capital city Governor’s Order A/1349 on “Intensification of inspection work in the transportation, sale, and storage of refined coal briquettes”.
• Local administrative organizations to increase the discipline and responsibility of employees, officials, and managers, improve productivity and monitor the enforcement and implementation of laws and regulations on public service and public service standards.
• Applications, complaints, and letters submitted by citizens, enterprises, and organizations to the local administrative organizations and officials of the capital city shall be thoroughly investigated from all aspects, and finally resolved based on legal grounds. obliged.
CAPITAL CITY TRAINING, RESEARCH AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCY