Public universities to become training-research-production complexes
- By Misheel Lkhasuren -
- Sep 17,2021
During its weekly meeting on September 15, Cabinet decided to progressively evelop state-owned universities and colleges in provinces as “training-research-production complexes”.
In connection with this decision, Minister of Education and Science L.Enkh-Amgalan was tasked to develop public universities in Darkhan-Uul Province and the Technology School of Orkhon Province as a training-research-production complex, and establish a new school under the Mongolian University of Science and Technology specializing in geology, mining and technology in Umnugovi Province.
The Ministry of Education and Science was also assigned to develop and implement a work plan on transforming higher education institutions into a training-research-production complex in the above three provinces in accordance with local specifications and regional development concepts. This work will be executed in cooperation with the Mongolian National University of Life Sciences, Mongolian University of Science and Technology and Mongolian State University of Medical Sciences.
Cabinet instructed the education minister to work with the Ministry of Finance to provide laptops to local university teachers, improve the quality of curricula in local universities, support e-learning, and develop and implement student loans, tuition discounts, and scholarship programs for provincial students in collaboration with universities and local governments. He is to provide social support to teachers and staff, create healthy and safe learning conditions for students, and carry out measures such as constructing dormitories and investing in the maintenance of classrooms and dormitories, in cooperation with the Ministry of Construction and Urban Development and Ministry of Finance.
Cabinet also made the following decisions during the session:
• The 2022 Budget Framework Statement, amendments to the Budget Assumption for 2023 to 2024, and bills on the 2022 State Budget, 2022 Budget of the Social Insurance Fund, 2022 Budget of the Health Insurance Fund, and 2022 Budget of the Future Heritage Fund and accompanying bills were presented.
• Cabinet approved the concept of the bill on accelerating economic recovery amid the COVID-19 pandemic. It instructed Minister of Finance B.Javkhlan and Minister of Justice and Internal Affairs Kh.Nyambaatar to develop the bill with Mongol Bank, incorporating Cabinet members’ proposals, and present it at the Cabinet meeting.
• Minister of Finance B.Javkhlan gave updates on the implementation of state budget-funded projects and activities and their financial status.
• State-owned E-Mongolia Academy Company was established at the Communications and Information Technology Authority. The academy will make it possible to introduce information technology advancements to every sector through integrated policy and planning for greater efficiency and digitize the government’s services and activities.
• Cabinet approved regulations on sanitary, epidemiological and quarantine requirements for waterborne vehicles.
• A working group, headed by Minister of Justice and Internal Affairs Kh.Nyambaatar, was established to protect the interests of foreign investors.
• Cabinet decided to name Military Unit No. 015 of the Mongolian Armed Forces after Revolutionary Army veteran, Colonel O.Serdar. Colonel O.Serdar was a top military professional and teacher who made valuable contributions to the development of the armed forces and the training of military personnel. He headed Military Unit No. 015 for many years.