Trade fair to be organized to welcome Lunar New Year
- By Misheel Lkhasuren -
- Jan 18,2023
The capital city authorities held its regular meeting on January 16. Ulaanbaatar Mayor D.Sumiyabazar gave 12 tasks at the previous meeting, and the implementation rate was 90.6 percent. For example, the task of organizing an extended trade fair to welcome Lunar New Year was given. People spend more than 900 billion MNT to the foreign countries during the holiday season. Therefore, in order to keep this money domestically, prevent currency outflow and support small and medium-sized enterprises, it was decided to organize a trade fair. Currently, 15 locations have been selected for the fair which is planned to be held from January 20 to February 20.
New and short road turns planned
Regarding the plan of routes for the newly arrived buses, Head of the Capital City Public Transport Agency S.Javkhlantbaatar informed, “As of today, 117 buses have arrived. The first 30 buses were put into service today. The rest will be put into service within this week. Due to the arrival of new buses, routes for the public transport were changed. Three long lines that were traveling more than 53 kilometers have been shortened, new routes and short turns have been planned.”
282 citizens saved
Head of the Capital City Emergency Management Agency L.Dashnyam reported, “In the last two weeks, the fire fighting and rescue units have responded to 72 object fires and 12 rescue calls, totaling 84 calls. During this period, 202 citizens were evacuated from the smoke zone of the fire, property worth 2.3 billion MNT and 60 citizens were saved from dangerous accidents.”
Traffic accident calls decrease
Deputy Head of the Transport Police and Head of the Traffic Police Department, Police Colonel S.Baasanjav said, “531 officers were on duty at 189 checkpoints and more than 40,000 violations were detected. About 20,000 violations were detected through camera surveillance. A total of 3,202 traffic accident calls were registered, which is 0.8 percent less than the same period of the last year.
Moreover, 520 violations of driving under the influence of alcohol were detected. The number of road and transport accidents increased in Khan-Uul and Songinokhairkhan districts while the number decreased in Bayanzurkh District. The number of people injured in traffic accidents decreased by 50 percent, while the number of pedestrians injured in traffic accidents reduced by 70 percent.”
Task given to monitor labeling of camp areas
Mayor D.Sumiyabazar ordered the relevant organizations to pay attention to the cold weather, and the leaders of the local administrative organizations of the capital city to be proactive and creative. He highlighted that monitor on the planning, orderliness and labeling of the camping area is necessary, before ordering the relevant organizations to pay attention.
At the end of the regular meeting, Mayor D.Sumiyabazar gave the following tasks:
• To arrange the list of buildings without permission in the capital city, buildings along the river bank and the granted lands, and develop and present proposals for measures to be taken
• To ensure the occupational safety, hygiene requirements and standards set for workplaces in the field of public utility and engineering supplies, and create conditions for employees and working citizens to work in a healthy and safe environment
• To serve citizens without red tape, delays, or ethical lapses, have every organization activate its Ethics Committee, hold the officials who committed violations accountable and report the relevant organizations, citizens, and employees in accordance with the appropriate procedures
• To conduct government activities online in accordance with the Law on Transparency of Public Information, ensure
transparency and promptness and grow the availability of information on the website
• To focus on increasing the amount of gardened area with greenery inside the residential area, raise the participation of enterprises and citizens, create the basic database for census registration by type of trees and shrubs, and focus on maintaining the greenery